ACTIVE / 116 West Mulberry Street
Baltimore, MD 21224
List Price: $299,000 MLS #MDBA552184
The Central Business District of Baltimore
As the former home of Platform Arts Center, “an accessible and inclusive gallery for emerging and established artists alike to speak on their work and stories”, and carrying on the tradition of support within the community as the most recent home to “Baltimore Youth Arts, an artist-run, after school program that provides artistic and professional opportunities to youth”, 116 West Mulberry Street has been a positive influence on the community of Baltimore City and beyond. Prior to this, for over 50 years, the building operated as the home to various law firms as the proximity to the courthouses and other influential Downtown operations of the city, make it an ideal location.
The building offers a main floor store front, hardwood floors throughout, fireplaces and original details of days past. All this with an incredible amount of flexibility, with over 3,750 square feet of above grade finished space and an estimated 4,500 square feet of usable space when including the basement. Modern conveniences such as half baths included on every level, and Central A/C throughout, make this property an easy choice.
The layout of the building allows the floors to be leased as individual units, as one entire unit, or continue on the current tradition of providing a variety of studio spaces to local artists who value the inclusive community experience.
Located in central Downtown Baltimore, it surrounded by a lively business and entertainment hub known for its theater district, with venues like the 1914 Hippodrome, as well as Royal Farms Arena for sports and big-name concerts. Irish pubs, diners, and seafood restaurants dot the area, while stalls at bustling Lexington Market have local treats like crab cakes. Port Discovery Children’s Museum features inventive hands-on exhibits and a sports stadium.
• Various studios rented from $150 - $350/Month
• 6 Month leases, then Month to Month
• Leases total north of $3,000/Month
• Insurance: $1,300/Year
• Property Taxes: $6,000/year
• AC/Heat: ~ $250 - $480/Month (Lower in the summer)
• C-5-HT Zoning -Downtown historic & traditional sub-district.
• 1st Floor
• 2nd Floor
• 3rd Floor
• 3,750 sq ft above grade
• 4,500 sq ft estimated of usable space including the basement
• 2018 - New Roof/Roof Solutions
• 2018 - Ring cameras installed/1 in front/2 in the back/smart locks installed using Wink home system
• 2017 - Basement built-out
• 2017 - Half bath installed in basement
• 2016 - Wood floors in the gallery refinished
• 2016 - Basement waterproofing
• 2015 - (3) Windows Replaced/Top floor/Back
• 2014 - New HVAC/Basement